Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, Vidsys develops smart, cloud-based enterprise software that enables organizations to enhance security and manage risk in real-time, by integrating, correlating, and visualizing data from disparate sensors, devices, systems, subsystems and applications into a centralized management platform. The Vidsys Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) software helps decision-makers manage real-world situations to protect people, assets, and their brand, by giving access to critical alarms, events, and information using any device from anywhere, and anytime.
Vidsys technology has been used for special events including the Super Bowl, Presidential Inauguration, FIFA World Cup, Formula 1 Championship, NCAA Final Four, and many others around the world. Vidsys CSIM has been adopted by Fortune 500 customers and government agencies in 5 continents for smart city, smart transportation, smart building, and IoT applications. Vidsys today helps protect more than $2 trillion in market cap, over 1.6 million employees, and over 60 million citizens, globally.
A successful Content Marketing Manager/Specialist embraces a digital and traditional marketing strategy, driving awareness, content consumption and audience engagement along the buyer’s journey via a rich medium of tactics. This role demands curious, creative, and self-motivated individuals to drive strategy and execution. It is the Content Marketing Manager/Specialist’s responsibility to understand the market as well as the buyer to develop a story on which to base a full content strategy across the buyer’s journey. The Content Marketing Manager/Specialist will create compelling, impactful content that promotes the value of the Vidsys brand, resonates with specific audiences and motivates them to engage, ultimately driving awareness, consideration and purchase. This position will report to the Senior Marketing Manager.
Required Work Experience and Skills
The following skills and attributes are necessary to be successful in this position:
- 3+ years content marketing experience in B2B enterprise software, ideally in information security or IT
- Innovative, forward thinking marketer with the ability to demonstrate awareness of the latest marketing trends and best practices
- Experience writing for SEO and knowledge of SEO ranking factors and best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and basic understanding of Adobe products, including Acrobat and Photoshop
- Experience with WordPress, marketing automation, and Google Analytics
- Highly creative with a proven ability to develop and manage engaging and original content through different channels
- Ability to collaborate and work under pressure in a fast-paced organization
- Excellent organization and project management skills (calendars, deadlines, vendor/agency management, budgets)
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify content needs and propose creative new ways to tell the Vidsys story. Work closely with key stakeholders, including subject matter experts, product management, sales, and external research to create compelling content targeting specific buying centers/personas to help drive pipeline acceleration and purchase.
- Research, write, and/or edit content, including but not limited to research reports, whitepapers, blog posts, sales collateral, ebooks, social media posts, video scripts, infographics, emails, bid proposals, interactive content and web copy.
- Develop program/campaign objectives, messaging, product and solution customer benefits to build and execute integrated marketing programs that drive awareness, engagement and pipeline.
- Work with the product management and marketing team to understand products, solutions, and competitor’s strengths/weaknesses to get to our unique value proposition to solve customer challenges.
- Develop comprehensive nurture tracks per campaign that feeds back into the digital experience and vice-versa.
- Report on content performance, both quantitatively and qualitatively, to enable optimization.
- Develop and implement a website SEO strategy that includes growth in organic search results through content generation, link building, on-page optimization, etc.
- Define audience segments that align with product line goals and launch display/remarketing campaigns that engage those audiences.
- Create, manage, and optimize digital ad campaigns and website content updates.
- Support ad-hoc marketing or sales activities.
Location and Travel requirements
The preferred location of operations for this position will be in the Washington DC area. Travel may be required, both domestic and international at peak periods or during project surge efforts.
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, English, Marketing, or related field
Salary and Package
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.