Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, Vidsys is a leading developer of smart, cloud-based, enterprise software that allows organizations to enhance security efforts and manage risk in real-time. Our proprietary Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) software integrates, correlates, and visualizes data from disparate security sensors, devices, systems, subsystems and applications into a centralized management platform. This gives decision-makers the ability to access critical information from any device, anytime, anywhere – helping them manage real-world situations more effectively, in order to protect people, assets and their brand.
Our technology supports Smart Building, Smart City, Smart Transportation, and IoT initiatives, protecting more than $2 trillion USD in market cap, as well as 1.6 million employees and 60 million citizens, globally. Our software has been adopted by Fortune 500 Companies, Government Agencies, and other key organizations in dozens of countries around the world, and has helped enable a number of high profile events such as the Super Bowl, US Presidential Inauguration, FIFA World Cup and NCAA Final Four.
The Solution Architect (SA) is a key professional role within Vidsys who has the primary day-to-day, client-facing technical responsibility for translating client business requirements and expectations to Vidsys CSIM solution functional design documents. The SA is the technical subject matter expert as it relates to Vidsys CSIM solutions and provides oversight & technical support throughout the project life cycle.
Responsibilities include translating customer operational requirements into a functional design / solution and implementation through written technical specifications and communications with internal Engineering and Product Management groups. The SA will provide technical oversight and collaborate with members of the Vidsys deployment team for the execution of actual configuration and implementation at client site. At the conclusion of an engagement, the SA will conduct of testing/acceptance.
Technical expertise shall include systems engineering and software development/deployment experience in either client/server or web-based, ideally Java based, applications. In addition, experience with Web Services technologies is beneficial. Individual should understand and have experience with standard off-the-shelf software applications, various operating systems (Windows, UNIX, and Linux), server virtualisation and high availability technologies, IP Networking and Physical Security Applications, as well as product features and capabilities and how they relate to addressing specific needs of our clients. The individual may from time-to- time, assist sales and marketing opportunities by conducting product demonstrations, participating in technical discussions regarding current and potential future product capabilities, compliance responses and trade shows on an as needed basis.
The position will be part of the Vidsys Operations / Deployment Team and reports directly to the Director of Operations, working alongside a designated Program Manager, Deployment Engineers and local System Integrator or End User personnel.
Required Work Experience and Skills
The following skills and attributes are necessary to be successful in this position:
- Solid level of proficiency with security technologies, IT, enterprise software applications, including access control, video, and similar detection systems.
- General level of proficiency with operating systems, networks, servers and databases.
- Development experience in Java, Drools Expert rule engine or Python considered a plus.
- Hands-on systems integration and troubleshooting skills are a strong plus.
- Strong organizational, documentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency using project applications and tools such as MS Project, Visio, AutoCAD, business process tools, and other similar applications.
- Excellent written, presentation, negotiation and verbal communication skills a must.
- Must have strong interpersonal and relationship building skillsets.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and assimilate technical and functional knowledge of Vidsys product solutions for effective interactions with clients.
- Highly self-motivated employee with the ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and drive all technological and process changes as they pertain to an assigned engagement/deployment.
- Initiating, scoping, planning, executing and coordinating project activities; taking ownership for successful completion of all project technical documentation with focus on requirements management and quality assurance through the deployment lifecycle.
- Interface with the client’s technical personnel on a regular basis to ensure smooth deployment, timely resolution of any issues and maintain good client relations.
- Liaise with all relative Vidsys departments having dependencies for solution delivery to ensure successful delivery of planned project work.
- Coordinate Vidsys cross-functional teams, including engineering, support, QA and sales.
- Contribute to proposal writing activities, marketing presentations and pre-sales support, as needed.
- Participate and assist in developing RFP, RFI, and RFQ (Bids and proposals) responses.
- Enablement, via training and other methods, of local System Integrator and End User personnel
- Effectively escalate and communicate project-specific critical issues within Vidsys as appropriate.
- Ensure project technical documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Support project submittals change orders and respond to formal requests for information and other documents.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews with the customer and with the Vidsys delivery team to identify how Vidsys performance can be improved, to include identification of those aspects of an implementation that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Promoting best practice and process improvement.
- Assist sales executives by answering technical questions, making technical presentations, and managing customer trials through phone, e-mail, and on-site visits.
Location and Travel Requirements
Location: USA (preferably western/west coast)
Travel required, regional and occasional international (up to 50% depending on project requirements)
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems/Science, Mathematics, etc.).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior technical customer-facing role with a software or system engineering company.
Salary and Package
Salary and package are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate eligibility to work for an employer in the US without restriction.
Ready to Apply?
For additional information, please contact email@example.com.