Job Description – Software Engineer
Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, Vidsys develops smart, cloud-based enterprise software that enables organizations to enhance security and manage risk in real-time, by integrating, correlating, and visualizing data from disparate sensors, devices, systems, subsystems and applications into a centralized management platform. The Vidsys Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) software helps decisionmakers manage real-world situations to protect people, assets, and their brand, by giving access to critical alarms, events, and information using any device from anywhere, and anytime.
Vidsys technology has been used for special events including the Super Bowl, Presidential Inauguration, FIFA World Cup, Formula 1 Championship, NCAA Final Four, and many others around the world. Vidsys CSIM has been adopted by Fortune 500 customers and government agencies in 5 continents for smart city, smart transportation, smart building, and IoT applications. Vidsys today helps protect more than $2 trillion in market cap, over 1.6 million employees, and over 60 million citizens, globally.
Candidate will work as part of an Agile Development team to develop security and information management browser-based applications. Candidate will work with the product management, marketing and operations teams to design, implement, and test applications to meet the requirements of our customers. This position will report to the VP of Product Development.
Required Work Experience and Skills
- 5+ Years of application development in java
- Hands on experience with spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Hands on experience in design and development of REST, SOAP, or Web Services
- Experience with web enabled application development using Java
- Experience with technologies such as Servlets, JMS, ActiveMQ, Tomcat
- Experience with relational databases with PostgreSQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with the automated build process, unit testing, performance testing and load testing
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience in designing scalable, reliable, and high-performance web-based application
- Experience integrating with external systems using vendor provided APIs (.NET, C, and/or Java) and Web
- Familiarity with technologies such as SSO, OAuth, SAML, WSO2, XACML
- Familiarity with technologies such as Spring, Spring Security, web sockets
- Experience with event processing and distributed caching
- Experience with modern web client technologies such as angular.js or bootstrap
- Experience with developing server-side Web applications with Node.js
- Familiarity with FreeMarker, JBoss Rules/Drools, Quartz Scheduler, Scala
- Familiarity with Junit, TestNG, Selenium, AutoIT or other automated testing tools
- Experience with NoSQL database such as CouchDB , Hadoop or MongoDB
- Experience with reporting tools such as Logi Analytics, Jreport, JasperReports
- Experience with InstallShield
- Experience with engineering environment tools such as Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Subversion, Jira, gradle, Junit, Bamboo
- Experience in embedding mapping application such as Google Maps, Map Server, Tilecache, Open Street Map, Bing Maps, ArcGIS or Earth2d
- Experience with one or more scripting languages (Python, Shell, Perl, PHP)
- Experience in .Net, C, C++
Location and Hours
This position will work from the Marlborough, MA or Vienna, VA offices of Vidsys.
Out of town travel will be required from time-to-time, to visit customers, attend meetings, conferences, and other business needs. Approximately 10% is expected or about one trip per month.
Salary and Package
Salary and package are competitive, commensurate with experience.
You will be required to demonstrate your eligibility to work for an employer in the United States without restriction.