Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, Vidsys is a leading developer of smart, cloud-based, enterprise software that allows organizations to enhance security efforts and manage risk in real-time. Our proprietary Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) software integrates, correlates, and visualizes data from disparate security sensors, devices, systems, subsystems and applications into a centralized management platform. This gives decision-makers the ability to access critical information from any device, anytime, anywhere – helping them manage real-world situations more effectively, in order to protect people, assets and their brand.
Our technology supports Smart Building, Smart City, Smart Transportation, and IoT initiatives, protecting more than $2 trillion USD in market cap, as well as 1.6 million employees and 60 million citizens, globally. Our software has been adopted by Fortune 500 Companies, Government Agencies, and other key organizations in dozens of countries around the world, and has helped enable a number of high profile events such as the Super Bowl, US Presidential Inauguration, FIFA World Cup and NCAA Final Four.
The Rules Software Engineer will work as part of an Agile Development team to focused on the business rule technology portion of the Vidsys product offering. Candidate will work with the product management, marketing and operations teams to design, implement, and test applications to meet the requirements of our customers.
Required Work Experience and Skills
- 5+ Years of application development in java
- Hands on experience in design and development of REST, SOAP, or Web Services
- Experience with web enabled application development using Java
- Experience with technologies such as Servlets, JMS, ActiveMQ, Tomcat
- Experience with relational databases with PostgreSQL and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with the automated build process, unit testing, performance testing and load testing
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Experience integrating with external systems using vendor provided APIs (.NET, C, and/or Java) and Web
Location and Travel Requirements
This position will be based in Vidsys’ regional office in Marlborough, MA.
Occasional travel (approximately 10% or about 1 trip per month) expected for customer site visits, meetings, conferences and other business needs.
Salary and Package
Salary and package are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate eligibility to work for an employer in the US without restriction.
Ready to Apply?
For additional information, please contact email@example.com.