Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, Vidsys is a leading developer of smart, cloud-based, enterprise software that allows organizations to enhance security efforts and manage risk in real-time. Our proprietary Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) software integrates, correlates, and visualizes data from disparate security sensors, devices, systems, subsystems and applications into a centralized management platform. This gives decision-makers the ability to access critical information from any device, anytime, anywhere – helping them manage real-world situations more effectively, in order to protect people, assets and their brand.
Our technology supports Smart Building, Smart City, Smart Transportation, and IoT initiatives, protecting more than $2 trillion USD in market cap, as well as 1.6 million employees and 60 million citizens, globally. Our software has been adopted by Fortune 500 Companies, Government Agencies, and other key organizations in dozens of countries around the world, and has helped enable a number of high profile events such as the Super Bowl, US Presidential Inauguration, FIFA World Cup and NCAA Final Four.
The Programme Manager (PM) is a key, technical professional within Vidsys who has the primary day-to-day, client-facing responsibility for the management of Vidsys product deployment and delivery services for a given portfolio of Vidsys end-customers. Each PM will typically manage multiple ongoing projects from the point of an imminent sale, through project start-up and delivery to the ongoing performance monitoring and sustainment phase. Reporting to the Vice President EMEA, the UAE PM will be responsible for planning and executing all aspects of project success, including:
- Production of the project plan and timetable;
- Scheduling of all project deliverables;
- Oversight of all field engineering services to support the deployment (including coordination with Vidsys engineering and System Integrator partners);
- Assuring contractual compliance;
- Fulfilling all project documentation requirements;
- Managing scope, risk and issues;
- Management of project-level financial monitoring and internal Vidsys reporting; and
- Ensuring customer satisfaction post-deployment throughout the sustainment phase.
In summary, the PM’s responsibility is to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget during the delivery phase and to ensure customer satisfaction during the sustainment phase. The overall objective is not just to meet, but to exceed stakeholder expectations and achieve long-term organic account growth as a result.
Required Work Experience and Skills
The following skills and attributes are necessary to be successful in this position:
- Solid level of proficiency with security technologies, IT, enterprise software applications, including access control, video, and similar detection systems.
- General level of proficiency with operating systems, networks, servers and databases.
- Solid level of hands-on systems integration and troubleshooting skills are strongly desired.
- Strong technical background, ideally including System Engineering, and exposure to large/complex projects highly preferred.
- Strong organizational, documentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency using project applications and tools such as MS Project, Visio, AutoCAD, business process tools, and other similar applications.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills a must.
- Must have strong interpersonal and relationship building skill sets.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and assimilate technical and functional knowledge of Vidsys product solutions for effective interactions with clients.
- Highly self-motivated employee with the ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and control complex IT projects: initiating, scoping, planning, executing and coordinating project activities; taking ownership for successful completion of all project deliverables within established financial, schedule and quality objectives.
- Simultaneously manage multiple small and/or large projects of multi-month duration involving direct contracts with end users and subcontracts through partner integrators for larger projects of which Vidsys is a part.
- Manage project costs, prepare invoices, accurately forecast cash collection and monitor all aspects of financial performance.
- Utilize established, industry-standard tools and methodologies, including project charter, scope, schedules, communication and risk management plans to achieve and measure success.
- Interface with the client’s project manager on a regular basis to ensure smooth deployment, timely resolution of any issues and maintain good client relations.
- Oversee effective communications with the client for timelines, due dates, resource allocation and overall Vidsys project delivery.
Liaise with all relative Vidsys departments having dependencies for solution delivery to ensure successful delivery of planned project work.
- Effectively escalate and communicate project-specific critical issues within Vidsys as appropriate.
- Manage all aspects of on-site support for customer implementations or site visits during the delivery phase.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Prepare project reports for internal and external stakeholders, facilitate interactive sessions and deliver presentations as required.
- Develop project submittals, change orders and respond to formal requests for information and other documents to maintain and monitor performance, cost, schedule and scope.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews with the customer and with the Vidsys delivery team to identify how Vidsys performance can be improved, to include identification of those aspects of an implementation that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Serve as the central point of contact and primary client interface to manage the customer relationship for all project-related issues.
- Coordinate and support Vidsys cross-functional teams, including engineering, support, QA and sales as needed. Contribute to proposal writing activities, presentations and technical support as needed with a particular focus on project deployment and sustainment related elements.
Location and Travel Requirements
This position will be based in Dubai, with 25-50% travel expected, dependent on project requirements.
A Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as a Program Management Professional (PMP) or equivallent certification is required. Other qualifications and capabilities should include:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline is highly desired (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems/Science, Mathematics, etc.).
- Five or more years of success in a technical project management role with responsibility for schedule, cost, communication and management of internal and external resources. This experience should include customer-facing project support roles with a software company, technology vendor, and/or systems integrator.
- Experience in physical security industry and large systems integration is preferred.
Salary and Package
Salary and package are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Ready to Apply?
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.