Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, Vidsys is a leading developer of smart, cloud-based, enterprise software that allows organizations to enhance security efforts and manage risk in real-time. Our proprietary Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) software integrates, correlates, and visualizes data from disparate security sensors, devices, systems, subsystems and applications into a centralized management platform. This gives decision-makers the ability to access critical information from any device, anytime, anywhere – helping them manage real-world situations more effectively, in order to protect people, assets and their brand.
Our technology supports Smart Building, Smart City, Smart Transportation, and IoT initiatives, protecting more than $2 trillion USD in market cap, as well as 1.6 million employees and 60 million citizens, globally. Our software has been adopted by Fortune 500 Companies, Government Agencies, and other key organizations in dozens of countries around the world, and has helped enable a number of high profile events such as the Super Bowl, US Presidential Inauguration, FIFA World Cup, Formula 1 Championship and NCAA Final Four.
Vidsys is currently seeking a Program Manager to join our growing team.
The Program Manager (PM) is a key professional within Vidsys who has the primary day-to-day, client-facing responsibility for management of Vidsys product deployment and service delivery for a given portfolio of Vidsys end-customers. Each PM will typically manage multiple ongoing projects from the point of an imminent sale, through project start-up and delivery to the ongoing performance monitoring and sustainment phase. Reporting to the Vidsys Director of Operations, the PM is responsible for tracking and planning all aspects of project success, including: (1) production of the project plan and timetable; (2) scheduling of all Vidsys project deliverables; (3) oversight of all field engineering services to support the deployment (including coordination with Vidsys engineering and systems integrator partners); (4) assuring contractual compliance; (5) fulfilling all project documentation requirements; (5) management of project-level financial monitoring and internal Vidsys reporting; and (6) ensuring customer satisfaction post-deployment throughout the sustainment phase.
In summary, the PM’s responsibility is to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget during the delivery phase and to ensure customer satisfaction during the sustainment phase. The overall objective is to not only meet, but to exceed stakeholder expectations.
Required Work Experience and Skills
The following skills and attributes are necessary to be successful in this position:
- Solid level of proficiency with security technologies, IT, enterprise software applications, including access control, video, and similar detection systems.
- General level of proficiency with operating systems, networks, servers and databases.
- Hands-on systems integration and troubleshooting skills are a strong plus.
- Strong organizational, documentation, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency using project applications and tools such as MS Project, Visio, AutoCAD, business process tools, and other similar applications.
- Excellent written, presentation, negotiation and verbal communication skills a must.
- Must have strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and assimilate technical and functional knowledge of Vidsys product solutions for effective interactions with clients.
- Highly self-motivated employee with the ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, high-growth environment.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to proposal writing activities, marketing presentations and pre-sales support as needed with a particular focus on project deployment and sustainment related elements.
- Manage and control complex IT projects: initiating, scoping, planning, executing and coordinating project activities; taking ownership for successful completion of all project deliverables within established financial, schedule and quality objectives.
- Simultaneously manage multiple small and/or large projects of multi-month duration involving direct contracts with end users and subcontracts through partner integrators for larger projects of which Vidsys is a part.
- Coordinate Vidsys cross-functional teams, including engineering, support, QA and sales.
- Manage project costs, prepare invoices, accurately forecast cash collection and monitor all aspects of financial performance.
- Utilize established, industry-standard tools and methodologies, including project charter, scope, schedules, communication and risk management plans to achieve and measure success.
- Interface with the client’s project manager on a regular basis to ensure smooth deployment, timely resolution of any issues and maintain good client relations.
- Oversee effective communications with the client for timelines, due dates, resource allocation and overall Vidsys project delivery.
- Liaise with all relative Vidsys departments having dependencies for solution delivery to ensure successful delivery of planned project work.
- Effectively escalate and communicate project-specific critical issues within Vidsys as appropriate.
- Manage all aspects of on-site support for customer implementations or site visits during the delivery phase.
- Ensure project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Prepare project reports for internal and external stakeholders, facilitate interactive sessions and deliver presentations as required.
- Develop project submittals, change orders and respond to formal requests for information and other documents to maintain and monitor performance, cost, schedule, and scope.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews with the customer and with the Vidsys delivery team to identify how Vidsys performance can be improved, to include identification of those aspects of an implementation that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Serve as the central point of contact and primary client interface to manage the customer relationship for all project-related issues.
Location & Travel Requirements
The preferred operational location for this position will be Washington DC, San Francisco, Houston or Los Angeles metro areas.
Travel is required, both domestic and international.
Total travel may be up to 50% at peak periods or during project surge efforts.
A Project Management Institute (PMI) certification as a Program Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification is a prerequisite.
Other qualifications and capabilities include:
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems/Science, Mathematics, etc.) is highly desired.
- Three or more years of success in a technical project management role with responsibility for schedule, cost, communication, and management of internal and external resources. This experience should include customer-facing project support roles with a software company, technology vendor and/or systems integrator.
- Experience in the physical security industry and large systems integration is preferred.
Salary and Package
Salary and package are competitive, commensurate with experience.
You will be required to demonstrate your eligibility to work for an employer in the United States without restriction.