Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, Vidsys develops smart, cloud-based enterprise software that enables organizations to enhance security and manage risk in real-time, by integrating, correlating, and visualizing data from disparate sensors, devices, systems, subsystems and applications into a centralized management platform. The Vidsys Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) software helps decision-makers manage real-world situations to protect people, assets, and their brand, by giving access to critical alarms, events, and information using any device from anywhere, and anytime.
Vidsys technology has been used for special events including the Super Bowl, Presidential Inauguration, FIFA World Cup, Formula 1 Championship, NCAA Final Four, and many others around the world. Vidsys CSIM has been adopted by Fortune 500 customers and government agencies in 5 continents for smart city, smart transportation, smart building, and IoT applications. Vidsys today helps protect more than $2 trillion in market cap, over 1.6 million employees, and over 60 million citizens, globally.
The Junior Finance & Accounting Specialist will be providing assistance in the areas of finance, accounting and office related tasks. He/she will assist with the management of the fixed assess process, tax accounting and reporting process, invoicing, expense processing and ad-hoc analysis, as well as some general office duties.
This position will report to the Financial Operations Manager.
Required Work Experience and Skills
The following skills and attributes are necessary to be successful in this position:
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent grammar, punctuation, editing, language and letter writing skills
- Self-motivated with a keen sense of urgency for every task/project
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and set own priorities
- Excellent customer relation skills (internal and external)
- Ability to work outside normal business hours when necessary
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Proactive and independent
- Positive attitude
Major Duties and Responsibilities
You will be assisting with:
- The management of the Fixed Asset process, policy and procedure
- Sales and Use Tax accounting and reporting process
- Ad-hoc financial analysis
- Setting up contracts for billing and revenue recognition
- Documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Internal and external financial and tax audit and examination processes, including helping with the preparation of audited financial statements, footnotes and supplemental information.
- Calculate, prepare and issue bills, invoices, account statements and other financial statements according to established procedures
- Processing invoices for payment in the AnyBill vendor payment system
- Processing of monthly expense reports in Concur
- Ordering office supplies
- Receiving mail/shipping packages
- Booking travel
- Ordering catering and setting up conference rooms for meetings
- Answering the main line
- Greeting guest/customers
Location and Hours
This position is based in our Vienna/Tysons, VA HQ office. This is a full-time position
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience or equivalent
- Ability to work beyond normal business hours, if necessary to complete critical tasks
- A record of excellence
- Strong personal references
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures, and US GAAP, Excel, Access Databases and MS Office suite
Salary and Package
Salary and package are competitive, commensurate with experience.
You will be required to demonstrate your eligibility to work for an employer in the United States without restriction.