Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, Vidsys is a leading developer of smart, cloud-based, enterprise software that allows organizations to enhance security efforts and manage risk in real-time. Our proprietary Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) software integrates, correlates, and visualizes data from disparate security sensors, devices, systems, subsystems and applications into a centralized management platform. This gives decision-makers the ability to access critical information from any device, anytime, anywhere – helping them manage real-world situations more effectively, in order to protect people, assets and their brand.
Our technology supports Smart Building, Smart City, Smart Transportation, and IoT initiatives, protecting more than $2 trillion USD in market cap, as well as 1.6 million employees and 60 million citizens, globally. Our software has been adopted by Fortune 500 Companies, Government Agencies, and other key organizations in dozens of countries around the world, and has helped enable a number of high profile events such as the Super Bowl, US Presidential Inauguration, FIFA World Cup and NCAA Final Four.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, effective, and experienced IT Specialist to join our growing team. In this position, you will use your technical skills and expertise to monitor, and maintain our IT systems. You will focus on specific computer network, database, and systems administration. Under minimal supervision, you will install, configure, service, repair and maintain information technology systems in both a stand-alone and client-server environment. You will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are fully up-to-date and operational.
This position reports to Director of Human Resources & Administration.
Required Work Experience and Skills
The following skills and attributes are necessary to be successful in this position:
- Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments to discuss estimate and resolve issues
- Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, antivirus, email security, etc.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes of planning, organizing, and scheduling work
- Install and configure wireless networking equipment
- Create, analyze, report, convert, or transfer data, using specialized application program software
- Provide for the implementation, configuration, deployment and support of systems, including, but not limited to client computing devices and servers
- Provide training to new employees and other training sessions as required
- Maintain system documentation, and hardware and software inventory
Location and Travel Requirements
The position will be based in our Vienna, VA office. Occasional travel may be required to remote office location in Marlborough, MA.
- High school diploma
- Industry certifications (MCSE)
- 2+ years’ experience in information technology
- Preference given to candidates with the following: CASP, CEH, CISSP, GSEC, GCIH, Sec+, Net+, A+, Cloud+, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCDA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MTA.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple problems simultaneously
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of hardware technology and concepts
Salary and Package
Salary and package are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Note: You will be required to demonstrate your eligibility to work for an employer in the United States without restriction.
Ready to Apply?
For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.