Headquartered in Vienna, Virginia, Vidsys is a leading developer of smart, cloud-based, enterprise software that allows organizations to enhance security efforts and manage risk in real-time. Our proprietary Converged Security and Information Management (CSIM) software integrates, correlates, and visualizes data from disparate security sensors, devices, systems, subsystems and applications into a centralized management platform. This gives decision-makers the ability to access critical information from any device, anytime, anywhere – helping them manage real-world situations more effectively, in order to protect people, assets and their brand.
Our technology supports Smart Building, Smart City, Smart Transportation, and IoT initiatives, protecting more than $2 trillion USD in market cap, as well as 1.6 million employees and 60 million citizens, globally. Our software has been adopted by Fortune 500 Companies, Government Agencies, and other key organizations in dozens of countries around the world, and has helped enable a number of high profile events such as the Super Bowl, US Presidential Inauguration, FIFA World Cup and NCAA Final Four.
The individual will be primarily responsible for supporting assigned key Vidsys accounts in the region. They will be focused on helping the client optimize their investment in security and information management solutions. Responsibilities will include translating customer requirements into functional implementation through written technical specifications and communications with internal Engineering and Product Management groups, as well as actual configuration and implementation at the client site, and conduct of testing and user acceptance then being the focal point for support through operation of the system. Also, responsible for analyzing customer requirements and policies and implementing associated rules and action plans using Vidsys application tools.
Technical expertise shall include software development experience in either client/server or web-based applications, ideally using Java based applications. Also, experience with Web Services technologies is beneficial. Individual should understand and have experience with standard off-the-shelf software applications, various operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux), server virtualisation technologies, IP Networking and Physical Security Applications, as well as product features and capabilities and how they relate to addressing specific needs of our clients. This includes working with internal software engineers to ensure client requirements are properly communicated. The individual may from time-to-time, assist sales and marketing opportunities by conducting product demonstrations and participating in technical discussions regarding current and potential future product capabilities. Responsible for Project Reviews, including technical analysis of customer requirements and technical discussions with customers to ensure properly defined deliverables.
Required Work Experience and Skills
The following skills and attributes are necessary to be successful in this position:
- Hands-on systems integration and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and client interaction skills.
- Experience with rules engines and translating customer requirements into business rules is strongly desired.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to ramp up quickly and assimilate technical and functional knowledge of our product solutions for effective interactions with clients.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time & on budget with superior customer satisfaction.
- Highly self-motivated employee with the ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up like and challenging environment.
Location and Travel Requirements
The position will be based in the UK with occasional travel.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems/Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development or a technical customer-facing role with a software company, technology vendor or integrator, such as Sales Engineering or Professional Services.
- Experience in Physical Security business or defence C4I preferred.
- Overall experience in applications software, operating systems, networks, servers and databases.
- Must have very strong networking and software applications knowledge and Microsoft Network knowledge.
Salary and Package
Salary and package are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Ready to Apply?
For additional information, please contact email@example.com.