Hospitals are in the business of serving people and their families. Patient care is delivered with the goal of providing comfort and peace of mind. In the background, hospital security teams face a unique set of challenges that include protecting employees, visitors, staff, equipment, pharmaceutical supplies, information and other assets. In addition, extensive regulations and standards make the need to achieve compliance a significant factor for the performance of the organization.
Vidsys helps healthcare organizations:
- Control multiple disparate security and building management systems;
- Manage risks associated with infant protection alarms, large crowds in emergency rooms and patient wandering events;
- Prevent unauthorized access to secure areas containing patient records and pharmaceuticals technology;
- Enhance equipment tracking to increase regulatory compliance and reduce fines and theft;
- Maintain a secure environment inside and outside the physical plant 24-hours-a-day, 7-days-a-week in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Creating an atmosphere of comfort and security that gives patients and families peace of mind during their stay.
In the hospital setting, Vidsys CSIM comprehensively monitors safety, security, compliance, building management and IT systems. For instance, if equipment is tracked by RFID sensors and if it is not properly sterilized, the CSIM can alert to this missed step, allow for a correction to be made and save the hospital non-compliance fines. This is one way CSIM results in a strong return on investment for healthcare customers.
In another example, when an infant protection alarm is triggered, CSIM software integrates all the relevant information including video assets, access control systems, mass notification and event management for security responders. Alarms are correlated, live and recorded video feeds from the cameras closest to the alarm are automatically displayed. Mass notification and door locking is automatically completed. CSIM software enables hospital personnel to identify, manage and resolve security situations quickly.
Because Vidsys software is an open platform that uses the web server as an interface to share information, Vidsys has the capability to control who has access to the platform so authorized parties can get real-time situational awareness. This could include partners such as the corporate office, local police, fire, sheriff etc. With access permissions granted (that must be prearranged), Vidsys software becomes the gateway for partners to gain access to shared information as a situation unfolds.